Standing out in the traffic of the digital age to get consumer attention is very important to think about when designing a website. You want your company to have a site that looks amazing and is user friendly. The main goal in creating an effective website is to draw in traffic and increase conversions. It is important for your company’s services or products to appeal to customers. You want to have great web design as well as effective user experience in navigating the site for longer browsing time. It is also important that your site is found, which is why SEO plays a key role in the design process. Here are five important web design tips.
- Animations- Animation plays a key role in creating engaging content. It also adds to the uniqueness of your website design. Designers utilize animation as a visual to create engagement and reinforce your brands message. Animations add value to a simple layout. They do this by creating flow to multiple sections of a page. The transitions made as you scroll through a page matter when creating an effective and beautiful website. It is important to remember that navigation plays a key role in a customer’s experience, so don’t overuse navigations. Focus on effective navigation rather than a complicated one that would slow down the page.
- Mixing Fonts- As website design turns its focus towards content, big and bold font as well as thin types are used to make important content stand out in headlines. Bigger and bolder fonts will always stand out, but a mix of thin fonts adds even more contrast to draw attention to your web page or campaign. Using bigger sizes on thin fonts allows more variation and play when designing. A message that is big and bold doesn’t have to mean using a heavy weight. The importance of playing with font type is to utilize a majority of the page by highlighting a specific statement that embodies a company or brands’ service. It’s all about having a message that is simple yet powerful enough at grabbing a viewer’s attention. You want to give the viewers enough so they will scroll for more.
- Responsive Web Design- Responsive webdesign is all about a mobile friendly approach. Mobile phones are more convenient to take with you wherever you go. This means a majority of your traffic will be coming from mobile phones. You want your company’s content to be able to adapt to mobile phones. The best web design needs to be effective for smaller screens so all content can be seen, as well as, effective navigation and use of different features. When users can access your site easily on a mobile phone they are likely to browse longer. Google wants to satisfy user questions so longer browsing time will result in repeat customers and more conversions. Responsive web design also benefits your SEO, because mobile browsing has taken over desktop. Google as a result will favor sites that meet the needs of their users. Failing to adapt to mobile users will hurt your SEO. Furthermore, mobile responsive design will result in faster loading times, likely benefiting user experience and ranking. In short, incorporating a mobile responsive design will help your business in more ways than one.
- Bright Colors- Next, we see businesses moving towards brighter and bolder color selections. Experimenting with color is becoming a great way to attract business. Bland colors aren’t likely to catch someone’s eye. For example, Instagram’s logo change featured bright and bold color as well as a gradient of colors. The use of bright color and bold gradient is super enticing to the eyes.
- Content- Finally, putting your content in the spotlight is key. This is achieved by using color, shade and other contrasting elements to put your content at the forefront for customers. The layout should be designed to let the company message or call to action shine. Great content could have zero value if the design is too distracting. For this reason, it’s important to not let the design outweigh the comprehension of the content. This also means putting the right kind of content in the spotlight. Consumers want to read brand material that is relate able, so experiment with your content creating. If you want to draw customers in you must give valuable content. For instance, part of your design should highlight customer reviews because it gives the brand more credibility. Also showcase your blog or a video. Overtime users become more familiar with your brand, products and services. Content marketing plays a key role in creating customers rather than just showcasing your company.